COALA strives to meet its goals and objectives through the instigation and continuation of activities designed to promote the legal assistant/paralegal profession. Some ongoing activities, include:
- Monthly continuing legal education meetings.
- Quarterly publication of the newsletter “LA Times”.
- Sponsorship of seminars and workshops for legal assistants/paralegals.
- Self-imposed continuing legal education requirements for active and associate members.
- Participation in State and County Bar activities, such as Law Day and the Oklahoma Bar Convention.
- Establishment of scholarships for students enrolled in ABA approved legal assistant programs.
COALA offers four levels of membership – Active, Associate, Affiliate, and Student. Annual membership dues are $65 for Active, Associate and Affiliate members and $30 for Student members.